Re: Reviewing on an intranet

Subject: Re: Reviewing on an intranet
From: Joe Miller <joemiller -at- CANBERRA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 12:26:45 -0500

>Documents drafted in my group are reviewed by many people at different
>levels of expertise (well, okay, management). Right now the document is
>put on a networked server, Word/Annotations are used, only one person at
>a time can review the document, and it takes so long.

One solution, which I hope to try soon, is to create a PDF file in Adobe
Acrobat and put that on the net, allowing everyone to review it at once.
The annotations can be done in Acrobat Exchange (part of the Acrobat
package, but may require a separate license for each reviewer).

Alternatively, there's a third-party plug-in called Re:mark which seems to
have more extensive, and better, annotation capability than Exchange.
More info on it is available at:
http://www.pluginsource.com/acrobat/remark.html

--Joe
joemiller -at- canberra -dot- com