Re: Finding Off-Site Work

Subject: Re: Finding Off-Site Work
From: Bill Brucksch <bbruck -at- HALCYON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 09:12:39 -0800

One tip that I saw in the archives recently involved the following:
Read through the paper and find companies that are hiring programmers.
About two weeks after the ads appear, write the companies and tell them
that you understand they're ramping up to create new software and that
you'd like to help with the documentation of the software.

One thing I've done that is too new to have a track record yet is to
subscribe to telecommuter's digest at http://www.tdigest.com. They have
listings of both employers who hire telecommuters, including technical
writers, and specific job openings.

Another thing I've done is join the National Writer's Union and apply for
work they post on their hotline (see http://www.nwu.org).

Good hunting, and above all, persevere.

Bill Brucksch