Re: Is Postscript platform-specific?

Subject: Re: Is Postscript platform-specific?
From: Laura Lapierre <lapierre -at- MEDIAONE -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 15:04:06 -0500

Postscrpt files can be different - largely based on the printer you are set
to. Check to see if the Unix ghostview recognizes the Linotronic 100. What
kind of PS printer is the Unix system connected to - can you set this other
printer to be your default printer for this document?

(I know that I have an HP Laser 5 and many commercial printers cannot
recognize the PS files from this printer. I always have to set the printer
to something else which of course reeks havoc with the layout if I had
forgotten to set it to a different printer while finalizing the document.)