Re: socialize

Subject: Re: socialize
From: Bill Burns <BillDB -at- ILE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 08:58:38 -0700

Buck writes:

> Engineers at my place of employment are using the term:
>
> Socialize the Document
>
> They send it around for sort of a peer review.
>
> Anyone else experienced this corruption?

Why, it's downright un-Amurcan. They got one o' them thar unions, too.
;-)

Nope, haven't heard this usage. You might point out the various
interpretations to which the clause's ambiguity lends itself:

Give the working class ownsership over the document's means of
production.
Take the document out for drinks and dancing.
Make the document a productive member of society.

Sounds a tad anthropomorphic to me. Something tells me the point will be
lost on them. On second thought, put your hands over your ears and say,
"La, la, la, la..."

Bill Burns (who's feeling a little surly today <g>)
Senior Technical Writer
ILE Communications Group
billdb -at- ile -dot- com