hourly vs. project

Subject: hourly vs. project
From: ce evans <ancongroup -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 10:44:31 PST

I just finished reading "How to Make Money TW", and I'm ready to put it
to use. I have an opportunity to bid on an entire project, but I'm not
quite sure how to do it--or if I should. Its for revising sw
documentation. The project manager gave me an idea of how many hours he
thinks it (revision) will take, but the sw still has some functionality
that has yet to be developed--and I have no idea when they will finish
it or if it will be before my deadline. Should I just go with the
hourly or risk bidding a project.

I need to make a decision fast. Any opinions? Thanx.