Re: resume on a web page

Subject: Re: resume on a web page
From: "John Posada (work account)" <posada -at- FAXSAV -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 14:42:20 -0500

John Lilly wrote:

> John Posada wrote:
>
> >You wouldn't believe how well [sending an email resume blast] works.
>
> I've been planning the same thing, but I feared the reaction of
> recruiters who saw 300 names in the TO: field. If I were a recruiter, I
> might be peeved to see that 299 other recruiters received the same lead.
> On the other hand, recruiters have to hustle to earn their pay, so maybe
> they are not fazed by it.

Simple...make the TO: field your own mail address and place their
addresses in the Blind CC field of the email program.

Or...

Get a program called NetManage (not affiliated, just a user that shelled
out $70 or so bucks like anyone else). It allows you to keep separate
databases, pick and choose based on a bunch of parameters, import from
Excel or a dBase program, customize the email based on variables, etc.,
etc., etc.

> Do you send them emails to indicate you temporary unavailablility and
> does it work? I still received many calls from a 30 person fax blast
> long after I had found work and informed the fax recipients.

Nah...who knows. I might get a call from someone offering me a VP
position at 250k per year. In that case, I'd be outtahere in a
minute...ok, maybe in two weeks. (I am a contractor, after all).
Otherwise, just return their call, tell then that you are currently
engaged, but since that can end at any time (I am a contractor, after
all), that you may be in touch tomorrow or in 18 months.

--
The world's premier Internet fax service company: The FaxSav Global
Network

My opinions are mine, and neither you nor my company can take credit for
them