ANSWER Pixels per cm

Subject: ANSWER Pixels per cm
From: Sonja Draeger <sdraeger -at- NORMAN -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 10:13:40 +1100

Many thanks to Matt Ion, Katherine Hostetter, Terence Kierans, and Ann Carter for helping me with this.

In summary, the conversion depends on the resolution you're working at. I'm using a 600 dpi printer. Using Ann's advice I opened MS Paint, chose Image/Attributes, selected cm and typed 1 width x 1 height. I then selected pixels. Voila. Pixels = 37 w and 38 h. As for inches, .39 w x .40 h.

Now, back to work on the cover that got me started on this in the first place ...
Sonja

sdraeger -at- norman -dot- com -dot- au