Re: list dedicated to Web Site Editing

Subject: Re: list dedicated to Web Site Editing
From: "Robin M. Allen" <rmallen -at- TEXAS -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 17:58:20 -0600

Nea Dodson wrote:

> <<What is the ideal passage length?-Someone told me one minute of
> reading material was best on a Web page.>>
>
> The Laura LeMay books I have say that people don't like to scroll, so the
> best passage length is that which fits on a single screen.
>
> Have you tried the HTML newsgroups? They might know.
>
> Nea Dodson
> neadods -at- aol -dot- com
> "Science, demystified, is just another nonfiction subject."
> -- W. Zinsser

It depends on who you listen to. David Siegel, author of "How to Create
Killer Web Sites" says you should have long pages. Check his out at
http://www.dsiegel.com/home.html.

Jared Spool has also done extensive usability studies and has some info
on his web site: http://world.std.com/~uieweb.

:Robin Allen