Re: phrasing of unavailable options

Subject: Re: phrasing of unavailable options
From: Stephen Riley <SRILEY -at- BCT-SYSTEMS -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 09:37:24 -0000

James Lockard wrote:
>Why would you want to include a statement like "planned future option"
or
>"will be implemented in a future release" in the manual or online help?

Because NO information is less helpful than vague information
or an unfulfilled 'future release' type suggestion? If the techies
put something on the screen that does nothing, surely it's our
job to reassure users they haven't broken something?

I've gone as far as putting context sensitive, 'What Isn't This?' help,
in for non-existent features.