FW: QUESTION: cross-platform file formats

Subject: FW: QUESTION: cross-platform file formats
From: "Martin, Chuck" <chuckm -at- EVOLVESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 09:23:57 -0800

While nearly every OS comes with some sort of text reader/editor
installed, the same is not true for software capable of decoding and
displaying HTML.

What I wonder: what kind of "features" are needed for a readme file?
Isn't the point of a readme file to keep it short and simple?

Besides, text files are also easy to display is places such as install
screens, a not uncommon placement.