Re: Are we a "professional society"?

Subject: Re: Are we a "professional society"?
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 12:25:13 -0800

At 10:58 AM 11/6/97 -0600, Huber, Mike wrote:
>I generally agree - to read or post on a list is no accomplishment.
>
>But I was at a conference recently and had several people recognize me
>as someone who posts here. "Hey - I know you - you're that guy on
>techwrl..." Very odd experience, since I'm not _that_ active.
>
>So there might be some recognition value if the reader of the resume is
>also on the list.

Yabbut, if the resume reader is a list subscriber and you are an active
poster, they recognize you whether you advertise your involvement or not.

Trust me on this one! ;-)

-Sue Gallagher http://pw1.netcom.com/~gscale/susanwg/
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com http://www.expersoft.com

The _Guide_ is definitive.
Reality is frequently inaccurate. --Douglas Adams