Re: Techwriter Aptitude Test (A Daydream)

Subject: Re: Techwriter Aptitude Test (A Daydream)
From: John Cornellier <john -dot- cornellier -at- PARIS -dot- CARDS -dot- DELARUE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 16:01:11 GMT

No Mike, the technical writer is the one who takes out the instruction leaflet
and says, indignantly, "I can't believe they're using Gill Sans 11 point! It's
_so_ '70s! Uurghh, gag, read this: <...Alot of customer's ask how we implement
our colour-center technology(TM) to proactively aide they're traveling
needs...>. This is nothing more than a tech spec tarted-up by some inept bozos
in marketing! It's not even procedure-oriented! No wait: Here's a procedure. But
they've bulleted it instead of numbering it! What's this? Set time to GMT? Is
this culturally-sensitive? Better check it out with techwr-l pronto!"

What? Time's up? Did I get the job? What? Sure it's 70 bucks an hour: I'm a
certified information architect!

mailto:john -dot- cornellier -at- paris -dot- cards -dot- delarue -dot- com