Re: resume on a web page

Subject: Re: resume on a web page
From: John Posada <john -at- TDANDW -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 1997 22:59:58 -0500

Westbrook wrote:
> that is too technologically backwards to view framed web pages. Certain
> documents look better framed, and my resume is one of them. To view it
> without frames would not be a fair evaluation of my HTML skills, and is
> that not the true reason someone puts a resume on the web anyway?

Actually, I don't believe so. If someone judges you by what you can do
with one page, then the evaluation isn't very valid. The resume on the
web is simply that...a means of having additional access to the resume.
Making a complex web resume to show HTML skill would would have the same
validity as making a complex hardcopy resume to demonstrate desktop
publishing skills and we all know what a bad idea that is. The resume
shouldn't demonstrate LACK of a skill, but not be the showcase for it.
The content of the resume, along with their evaluation of your portfolio
and their subsequent discussion with you is what should be used in
evaluating the HTML skills.
--
John Posada, Technical Writer (and proud of the title)
The world's premier Internet fax service company: The FaxSav Global

HEY! Are you coming to the NJ TechWriter lunch? So far, about 10 of us
are.
Ask me about it.

If it's about technical communication--post it! If not, don't!