Resizing Graphics

Subject: Resizing Graphics
From: Gavin Heck <gheck -at- OVID -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 13:17:02 -0400

To: techwr-l @ listserv.okstate.edu
cc:

Hey;

I inherited 47 gifs that need to be shrunk to a max 485 pixels wide so they
can run next to a cgi
TOC on the lowest common denominator screen of our customers.

Most were able to be shaved or otherwise shrunk via html manipulation but
two or three really need to be re-sized.

Have tried most of the bumping up the color and different format tricks to
no avail under paintshop pro.
Both the images and fonts get so "jaggy" from even a 5 pixel reduction that
they are worthless.

Any pointers/program recommendations? I am currently using Paint Shop Pro
(most current version).

Thanks

Gavin