Re: the tech writing 'process'

Subject: Re: the tech writing 'process'
From: Hilary Phillips <hilary -at- CYGNUSPR -dot- DEMON -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 09:57:34 -0000

Hi,

I'd recommend a very good book on the subject: Writing Better Computer Documentation by R John Brockmann. It is published by Wiley in New York but I managed to get it here in Scotland, so you shouldn't have so much difficulty. It'll take you through all the stages of documentation development.

The problem that remains however, is persuading an organisation to commit to the time and resources required to take this approach. As a freelance, I struggle with this issue all the time and will be interested to hear other views on how to deal with this.

I hope it works out.

Hilary