Can't read text in my GIFS (please help)

Subject: Can't read text in my GIFS (please help)
From: Lani Hardage <lhardage -at- RMTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 09:40:56 -0800

I only got one answer that didn't work in my environment, so please let
me restate the problem and perhaps someone can help:

Our docs are all in html (that's the source, too). GIFS are done in
Photoshop. Most screen shots come out OK, but a few graphics I have done
from scratch (graphs with text) produce text that's pretty poor in
quality when it prints compared to the text printed from the html
document. The text is easy to read onscreen. Any Photoshop tricks (or
Illustrator?) to make the text more readable when it prints? I don't
want enormous file sizes (one person suggesting using a higher dpi file
that is resized by html code, but we want to keep our GIFS under 60K or
so.

Thank you.
Lani Hardage
Technical Writer