QUESTION: Frame-->RTF-->RoboHELP

Subject: QUESTION: Frame-->RTF-->RoboHELP
From: Kathryn Marshall <kmarshall -at- MODACAD -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 12:57:29 -0800

I currently create online in RoboHELP by converting FrameMaker files to
RTF and then importing them into RoboHELP. However, after I import the
file, I find myself having to go through each file and perform tedious
work like changing what used to be paragraph style XYZ (from FrameMaker)
to style ABC in RoboHELP/Word.

So far, I've only figured out how to convert my predefined headings into
topics. Is there a way (through a Word macro) to convert other paragraph
styles to those used in the RoboHELP template? This is the embarassing
part. I never use macros and have no idea if this is possible (seems
like it should be though). Up until now, I've used my own system of
doing this (preferring to tediously update the file rather than find a
way to automate things - don't ask). But we recently hired a new writer
and I think it will help to standardize things (she's also new to
RoboHELP, so the easier the conversion process, the better).

Much TIA,
Kathryn

Kathryn Marshall
ModaCAD, Inc. http://www.modacad.com
310-312-9826 mailto:kmarshall -at- modacad -dot- com