Re: Liability for manuals?

Subject: Re: Liability for manuals?
From: "Michael A. Lewis" <lewism -at- BRANDLE -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 10:50:05 +1100

Ultimately, we are in the same sort of position as someone who teaches a
guy to drive; that guy then uses a car in the commission of a crime.
Fortunately (so far), no court has decided that cars should be outlawed,
or the teaching of driving banned, because cars sometimes cause death or
are otherwise misused. (Mind you, UK and Australia are in the process of
effectively banning firearms for precisely those reasons.) The upshot is
that we have to assume that our readers are responsible people. A book
on "how to be a hitman" fairly explicitly makes the opposite assumption.
--
Michael Lewis
Brandle Pty Limited, Sydney, Australia