books on indexing

Subject: books on indexing
From: GILLIOTTE Valérie <VGILLIOTTE -at- MEGA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 09:37:26 +0100

I am new to this list and this is my first posting.
I am a junior technical writer for a software editor in Paris. I and the
other tech writers of the department do the indexes of the user's guides
ourselves. I feel they are not done properly, partly because we always
do it at the very last minute! But I feel I need to know more about the
indexing technique.
I am looking for a good book on that subject (the basic principles). Any
suggestion?
Valérie GILLIOTTE
vgilliotte -at- mega -dot- com
Documentation