WRITING ONLINE HELP

Subject: WRITING ONLINE HELP
From: Jonathan Leer <jleer -at- LTC -dot- MV -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 09:41:57 -0500

Can you direct me to an email list or newsgroup that discusses writing
online help?

I need to prepare an estimate and then develop online help for a Windows NT
system.
Can you provide advice on:
* best tool for development and future maintenance (customer will maintain)
* requirements for estimating such a job (such as number of fields, etc.)
* types (levels) of help that can be written (e.g., basic
context-sensitive, search)
* process of development and testing

Other requirements? Such as can you develop the help files on a Windows 95
box or must you develop on an NT box in order to run on NT?

Also, I need to add to my vendor list, experienced online Help writers. If
that's what you do, forward your resume for contract work.

Jon Leer

LEER TECHNICAL COMMUNICATIONS
Better Communication Means Better Business
http://www.mv.com/ipusers/ltc
603-644-8627 voice
603-644-8628 fax

Leer Technical Communications provides contract communication services to
the high-tech industry.