Idiots - Final Word!!

Subject: Idiots - Final Word!!
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 14:04:46 +0000

A very iteresting discussion! Writing for "idiots" basically means (I
think we all agree) is to write clearly for our audience whether we do any
"formal" audience analysis or simply make assumptions (itself a form of
analysis) about the audience based on what little we know. The art (I
agree totally that it is an art) is to write at the required level without
being condescending etc. I often find working on new projects "easier" as I
am then one of the "idiots" and partly write for myself - if I write so
that I can understand it ....

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International