Re: Section Numbering in Word

Subject: Re: Section Numbering in Word
From: "Cramer, Kim" <kcramer -at- NCSLINK -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 08:15:00 -0700

From: Joe Miller
We want to set the chapter titles in 24 pt. Helvetica and the
major headings in 14 pt. Helvetica. But when we create the
second level (1.2), the chapter head's number (1) is still 24 pt.
while the major heading number (2) is 14 pt. This looks bizarre,
to say the least.

Is there a way to make both numbers the same size or does
Word not allow this? If necessary, we'll make all heading the
same size in order to ship a manual that makes sense on time,
even though it looks amateurish.
*****
Joe - you can control this in Word 6 by choosing Format>Heading
Numbering. In the Heading Numbering window, click Modify. Choose the
header level you want to modify in the Level box (use the scroll bar to
scroll through them). Then, in the Number Format box, click Font. This
displays the standard Word Font dialog box and you can choose the font,
size, etc. for the numbers in the selected header level. Then click OK
twice to close the dialog boxes.

If you're using another version of Word, there' probably something
similar.

HTH
Kim Cramer
mailto:kcramer -at- ncslink -dot- com