FWD: Re: Secondary Help Windows

Subject: FWD: Re: Secondary Help Windows
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 10:25:12 -0700

Forwarded on request:

*******************
Actually, there's an even more basic question that needs to be asked: How
do you KNOW they don't like secondary windows?

I suspect that secondary windows are being blamed, and being banned, for
behaviors that may or may not be unique to that window type, and that may
or may not be unique to one help system or the older (3.1) platform.
Realistically, non-TW end users are not going to notice whether a window is
main or secondary. Someone has noticed "people don't buy our apples" and
therefore has banned all fruit instead of checking for worms.

>Seems like this other tech writer needs to support their position: WHY
>do some people dislike secondary windows. You can't make a reasoned
>decision until you find this out. Is usability testing a possibility?

Eric J. Ray ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com