Re: Questions Re: Previous Salary

Subject: Re: Questions Re: Previous Salary
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 12:56:21 -0600

> Your response can take many forms, depending on your objectives. You may have a "I can't work for less than X" price. If that's the case, say so.

But if you say "I can't work for less than X", you're almost
guaranteeing that they will offer you X + $1, when they might have been
willing to pay 2X or 3X or whatever. Gosh, I'm almost using algebra
here. Mrs. Keener would be so proud.

Tracy

Tracy Boyington tracy_boyington -at- okvotech -dot- org
Oklahoma Department of Vocational and Technical Education
Stillwater, OK, USA
http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/home.htm