FW: Boolean or boolean

Subject: FW: Boolean or boolean
From: "Wittel, Teresa" <Twittel -at- NCSLINK -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 13:31:47 -0700

Gee, I wrote Eric with the following advice and now I feel like a
traitor after reading everyone else's comments. What do you all think
about CMS's advice referenced below?

However, Boolean (as in Boolean algebra) is an adjective derived from a
proper noun. According to the Chicago Manual of Style, 14th Edition
(7.49), words derived from proper nouns can be either lowercase or
uppercase (depending on your personal preference) as long as it is
consistent within the manual. I have seen both versions and neither
interferes with my reading. Tell your engineers to leave the writing to
you, pick your favorite and stick with it.