Info on FrameMaker

Subject: Info on FrameMaker
From: Sarah Gunn <gunn -at- NICMAD -dot- NICOLET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 15:08:41 -0600

I have been given the responsibility of looking into FrameMaker for our
documentation department. We currently use PageMaker 6.5 on Macintosh Power
PCs. All our manuals are relativity small in size, but do contain a lot of
screen shots and illustrations. We are happy with PageMaker in the paper
publishing world, but are a little disappointed when trying to produce pdf
files. Our boss is interested in FrameMaker and is willing to make the
switch if I can produce hard facts, literature, and studies that compare
PageMaker and FrameMaker and shows FrameMaker as the dominant software
package. So, this is where I come to you. Do you know of any literature
that compares the two software packages? Maybe some of you that have been
in this same situation can share some of your experiences with me?

Please post to me privately.

TIA
Sarah
gunn -at- nicmad -dot- nicolet -dot- com