Re: TOOLS: Problems with Word/WordPerfect?

Subject: Re: TOOLS: Problems with Word/WordPerfect?
From: John Renish <John_F_Renish -at- NOTES -dot- SEAGATE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 08:25:16 -0800

SARAH SCHLOSSER wrote:
<<Will you be duplexing or binding your documents? Will you be using page
numbers in the corners?
MSWord does not allow for this, so if you use a wider binding margin or
numbers in the corner, they will both be on the wrong side of the page
for every other page. I believe WordPerfect supports duplexing.>>

Word has long supported duplexing, complete with gutters, and it also
supports page-corner numbering in the separate headers and footers. Word97
is really quirky, with many well-documented bugs that the Micro$loth gnomes
are slowly fixing through patches. From the standpoint of "industry
standard", though, I'd still opt for Word.

John_F_Renish -at- notes -dot- seagate -dot- com, San Jose, California, USA
My remarks do not represent any other person or entity
"We Can Repair Anything. (Please Knock Hard on the Door--the Bell Doesn't
Work)"
--Sign on a repair shop in England