Re: Re[2]: Are recruiters really listening?

Subject: Re: Re[2]: Are recruiters really listening?
From: John Posada <posada -at- FAXSAV -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 14:38:17 -0500

Me too. What may happen is somewhere in your resume, you might have a program language mentioned...maybe something like "I created a 700 page 8 volume set of API codes for the company's COBOL programers. I search on C++, the search software (which is often smarter than the recruiter, says to itself "hmmm...Cobol is a program and so is C++...let's see if the person can program C++ in addition to write"

I get calls to UNIX program because I mentioned in my resume that I created HTML templates that were passed on to Perl coders.

I may be oversimplifying this, but go through your document word by word with no reliance on the previous or next word and see if there is anything that may result in having your resume pop up.

John