Re: Importing Ventura Files into Other Apps

Subject: Re: Importing Ventura Files into Other Apps
From: Melissa Fisher <mfisher -at- MOBSEC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 14:53:46 -0500

Peter Gold wrote:

FrameMaker can import Ventura 3 and 4. If Ventura can save in these
versions, you may be able to save much work converting text. If the
graphics are linked into Ventura, FrameMaker can import the graphics in
most cases. However, you need to import the text, then the graphics, in
two operations.
---------------
Just an additional note from my experience...I tried importing a Ventura
(4.2) file into Frame (5.0 or 5.1, I forget which) about a year or so
ago. Frame has an online manual with details about how to convert -
it's not, unfortunately, as easy as just opening the file. In my case I
couldn't convert the publication anyway -- the only answer I ever got
out of tech support for why I couldn't was that Frame supported Ventura
4.0, not 4.2.

YMMV, etc. etc.

Melissa Fisher
mfisher -at- mobsec -dot- com