Re: Are recruiters really listening?

Subject: Re: Are recruiters really listening?
From: Michael Lewis <lewism -at- BRANDLE -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 10:22:11 +1100

JIMCHEVAL -at- AOL -dot- COM wrote:

> ... The fact that not too many people know
> exactly what we do probably works more to our benefit than not.

I couldn't agree less. Clients / employers won't engage our services if
they don't know / understand what we can offer. Agencies can't promote
our skills if they don't know where the skills fit in with overall
development processes and product characteristics. If people don't know
what professional technical communication is all about, they'll keep on
getting junior programmers or trainee engineers to write the manuals.

--
Michael Lewis
Brandle Pty Limited, Sydney, Australia