Visual Placement

Subject: Visual Placement
From: "Jessica R. Schultz" <jrs -at- EMAIL -dot- BYU -dot- EDU>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 17:32:28 -0700

I am a graduate student at Brigham Young University and have narrowed my
thesis topic to the ethics of visual placement. I have been reading Karen
Schriver's textbook, Dynamics of Document Design, and her section on the
Gestalt Principles have been of great benefit. I have also read articles
by Charles Kostelnick and Sam Dragga regarding visual placement and ethics,
respectively. I am now looking at various articles about ethics and
visual placement. Unfortunately, I have not been able to read them all.

To make a long email short, I am curious to know if anyone on this list is
also researching a similar topic or if anyone would know of other good
sources for ethics and visual placement in document design.

I have written a draft of a paper on this topic using Schriver, Dragga, and
Kostelnick, but it only covers the principles of visual placement with a
little bit of ethical information. So, basically, I am stuck.

Thanks for your help!