Improving quality of screen shots

Subject: Improving quality of screen shots
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 21:01:34 -0500

Doug Rempel <Doug_Rempel -at- ISMBC -dot- COM> wrote:

>Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can improve the >quality of screen shots in a hardcopy user's guide?

Doug:

Trying using some of Photoshop's features, such as Sharpen. Play around
with the combinations, and you'll soon find what works best for your
screen shots.

Also, if you have a lot of information on the screens, why not crop as
often as possible? If you only show the relevant parts of each shot, the
shots will be much more useful to readers.

I'd advise against use pointers, as I've seen in some manuals: that
starts getting into high maintenance.
--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
(bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com) (604) 421-7189

"To the Lords of Convention, 'twas Clavers who spoke,
'Ere the king's crown go down, there are crowns to be broke,
'So each cavalier who loves honour and me,
Let me follow the bonnets of Bonnie Dundee!'"

--"Bonnie Dundee"