Metric Conversions in FrameMaker

Subject: Metric Conversions in FrameMaker
From: Howard Rauch <techxfr -at- LAKEFIELD -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 00:16:14 -0800

Any ideas anyone?

A catalog we are preparing for one of our clients requires that we make
metric conversions for pressure, force, weight, length, etc. I am
looking for a way to automate this process instead of making the
conversions manually.

We are currently using FrameMaker Release 5 (the 5.5 upgrade has arrived
but probably won't be loaded until after the first of the year). The
values that we need to convert are input manually and set up in
FrameMaker tables. We have to make conversions for 150-200 cells per
page. The first catalog will probably have over 100 pages of tables.
That is why it is so important to automate the process.

Any advice is welcome. Can we create the tables in a spreadsheet, do the
conversions, and import them? Is third party software available?

TIA

Howard Rauch
--
Technology Transfer, Inc.
"Linking Creators and Users of Technology"