Printing multiple documents in NT 4.0/Word

Subject: Printing multiple documents in NT 4.0/Word
From: "KLEIN, DAVID" <dk2445 -at- TXMAIL -dot- SBC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 14:25:12 -0600

Help!!

I got an answer from a very wise/knowledgeable friend about this
question, but I am hoping someone else as additional input....

We are trying to print all of the documents in one directory (200 1-2
page files). The files range in size from 40KB -796KB. We have tried
printing from Explorer and from Word.

From Word: From the File-Open dialog box I select all 200 files and
then click the Commands and Settings button and choose print. Word
prints approx. 8 documents and then stops. The documents that print are
not always consecutive (e.g., files 1-4, then 6-9).

From Explorer: We select all the files in one folder and then select
Print from the File menu. The same thing occurs and in addition we get
an error message reading "This print job is taking longer than expected,
do you want to continue?"

Why is this happening?? It seems like it should be an easy process to
click print and then walk away, returning only to refill the paper tray.
Does anyone know a way to do this??

Thanks in advance,

David Klein

David S. Klein