"Anti-tiedown" - Definition needed

Subject: "Anti-tiedown" - Definition needed
From: Lisa Mishli <Lmish -at- PO2 -dot- ROBOTEC -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 09:43:00 PST

I need help in finding a definition (not an example) of the term
"anti-tiedown"?

I have seen it used in the following:

"Concurrent or synchronous actuation of two-hand control systems is the

most popular approach to anti-tiedown control logic."

and:

"Nolatron's anti-tiedown controls are an integral part of a two-hand
start
system for presses and other machinery. These controls help to comply
with
OSHA by requiring the machine operator to press both start switches
simultaneously
in order to start a machine cycle. This minimizes the possibility of the
operator starting the machine while their hand is in the work area."

Am I correct in understanding that anti-tiedown means an incapability of
being "tied down" or "physically fixed in a particular position ?

Thanks for your help.

Please respond off-list

Lisa Mishli
lmish -at- po2 -dot- robotec -dot- co -dot- il