Re: Hiring Scenario

Subject: Re: Hiring Scenario
From: Mark Gellis <mgellis -at- NOVA -dot- GMI -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 13:54:10 -0500

Friends,

I understand from some colleagues back in South Dakota that one reason I was
considered for a job (for which I was eventually hired) was that they had
liked some of my postings on certain listservs. It can make a difference, so
it makes sense to be careful about what you say, both to protect yourself (you
folks have no idea how many cute but perhaps inappropriate comments I've
decided not to send your way) and to promote yourself--the Internet is not
only a network, it's a place to network. ;)

Mark