FWD: Re: (Fwd) Re: Not Wanted--Technical Writers

Subject: FWD: Re: (Fwd) Re: Not Wanted--Technical Writers
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 20:40:39 -0700

Forwarded anonymously on request.

***********************
Pat,

If you open your mind, you might be surprised what you can learn. Your way
of communicating is not the only way.

* Comments posted with ones name attached are permanent. I don't want to
have my words taken out of context for whatever reason by whatever person
at some point in the distant future.

* Tech writing is a small world. Even constructive criticism is not always
appreciated. I'd rather not needlessly annoy someone I might work with.

* I post from my own, personal account: not from a university, as you do,
or from a large company, like many others. I don't have the spam
management resources that you may have, and I'd rather not waste my time
downloading then plowing through unwanted emails.

* This list is about ideas, about procedures. Reducing it to a question of
who said what reduces its usefulness. Please believe that your
professional peers are capable of remaining "on track" and polite,
anonymously. If you'll examine the list archives, you may find that you,
not any anonymous poster or all of the anonymous posters combined, are the
most frequent starter of new threads that go nowhere.

* BTW, if you're quoting Netiquette at me, please remember that Netiquette
also includes a limit of four lines on sig files. Yours is twelve.

Pat wrote:
>My question is why someone would want to post really great comments but
want to remain anonymous???

>Please consider posting with your sig. so we know who is
answering/responding to a question of debate.

>My comments may not always be the best on this list but I am willing to
post with my sig. so that others may respond on list to my comments or
email me personally.

>BTW part of the netiquette of this list *if I remember correctly* as per
Eric's numerous "rules" postings is to argue the ideas (without a previous
posters name attached). Use snipettes of the post(s) preceding ours own.