Re: Query

Subject: Re: Query
From: Geoff Stern <gstern -at- KENAN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 09:56:36 -0500

> Got into an argument with my boss and came out
> thoroughly confused. Should the "its " appear
> with an apostrophe ?
> " services company dedicated to making its customers
> more productive "

Meena,

Arguing with one's boss is always gonna be confusing. Avoid doing it.

In the phrase you cite, "its" should not have an apostrophe because the
word is the possessive (genitive) of "it" (in the same way that "his" is
the posssive of "he" and "my" is the possessive of "I").

ITS possessive

IT'S contraction for "it is" or "it has"

--
/Geoff Stern (GStern -at- Kenan -dot- com)
Kenan Systems