Re: Comment--My Best Christmas Present

Subject: Re: Comment--My Best Christmas Present
From: Chris Tonjes <ctonjes -at- MINDSPRING -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 21:38:36 -0500

If that's your best Christmas present, your life must be an empty one. My
heart goes out to you.

I hope one day you'll know the joy of family life, or the simple pleasure of
pet ownership, or possibly the special feeling of seeing a good movie with a
close friend. Maybe someday you'll eat a terrific gourmet meal, or travel to
a foreign country and fall in love. Perhaps you'll have a child, blessed
with an almost saintly desire to keep his (or her) room clean. With no
prompting from you whatsoever this child would keep your lawn like the
pebble beach fairway well into your dotage.

Spiritual enlightenment may be your gift in a future Christmas. It could
sneak up on you, like a snowfall at dusk, or an overdraft notice from your
bank.

In the meantime: do not despair. For many of us of shuffling through this
veil of tears do not take our instructions from a manual. That we neglect to
do so is not your sin.

Merry Christmas