Re: Framemaker? Autodoc? Wax tablet & stylus?

Subject: Re: Framemaker? Autodoc? Wax tablet & stylus?
From: Barb Ostapina <Barb -dot- Ostapina -at- METROMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 12:26:42 -0500

Matthew,
I can't speak from experience on this, but I recently finished a proposal
to bring in FrameMaker here. In the process I spent a great deal of time
talking to Adobe people (including a 3-hour conference call (that they paid
for) with "my" rep and a tech support guy -- amazing -- I'm only a prospect
and we're not talking big bucks here, either -- can't say enough good about
those guys). Anyway, my rep called recently to follow up and mentioned a
new feature?version?function? for Frame that had to do with online help.
You may want to talk with him before you make a final decision. He's Jim
Mongiello at 800-846-2481 ext. 8004. (Say hello for me if you call him!)
HTH.
--B
barb -dot- ostapina -at- metromail -dot- com

To: TECHWR-L @ LISTSERV.OKSTATE.EDU
cc: (bcc: LOMBMML Ostapina Barb/OLS)
From: mattbin @ HOTMAIL.COM @ METROMAIL
Date: 12/23/97 08:58:14 AM PST
Subject: Framemaker? Autodoc? Wax tablet & stylus?

First, the best of the seasonings to you all.

To business, then. My query is a simple one: should I even bother
considering Framemaker if I intend to create online help? Is it at all
helpful for such a task? And has anyone tried Autodoc? I would be
interested in any testimonials anyone might care to send.

Thanks very much.

Oh yes -- and as to Susan's post -- I wish I was getting such a
Christmas gift. The lack of job satisfaction in almost any trade is
greater than the more snarky type of person is wont to admit...

Cheers,
Matthew Bin
NeoDyne Consulting, Ltd.
Mississauga, ON