ANNOUNCEMENT: Contractors and Freelancers with Web sites: Want a link?

Subject: ANNOUNCEMENT: Contractors and Freelancers with Web sites: Want a link?
From: "Nina L. Panzica" <panin -at- MINDSPRING -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 11:10:10 -0600

Hi folks,

My resolution for the 1998 New Year is to update my Technical Writers to
the Rescue! page (http://www.mindspring.com/~panin/writers.htm) before the
end of January. I've neglected this page for awhile and have a big
backlog of links to add, but before I start doing so, I'd like to see if
anyone else wants to be added right now, so I can do them all at once. I
invite anyone on this list who does not know about my page or who isn't
linked there to send me some information about yourself and your business
if you meet the following requirements:

1. Work primarily as a technical writing contractor or freelancer
2. Have a technical-writing Web site or online HTML resume that I can link
to.

If you meet these two requirements and would like to be added, please look
at my writers links page (at the URL listed above) to get an idea of how
other writers have advertised their services and then email the following
link information to me, exactly as you would like to see it on the Web page:

1. Your name

2. Name of your company

3. URL of your Web site

4. Your email address

5. Your city and state (or the city and state where you do most of your work)

6. A brief (60 words or less) description of your services, including
specialities, if any.

Important: Do not post this information publically, to this list. I will
probably not see it if you do, and it will annoy other readers.

I check all links before adding them, to make sure that they really go to
technical writer pages (for this reason, I won't link to any page that
simply says "under construction"--send me a link request only when your
site is ready to be viewed.) I also paste your copy onto my page _exactly_
as you type it in your email, so please edit it for accuracy.

Once I put your link information up, I'll send you a short email
notification telling you it's there and requesting that you check it for
accuracy.

Finally, I am a technical writing contractor, just like many of you and I
provide this links service on a voluntary basis. The link is all I
provide; I do not help people to find jobs. Technical Writers to the
Rescue! is not a business and I do not charge anyone for a link or for
access to the links. I try to promote the page when I have the time in
places that I know people go to to look for writing contractors, but this
promotion is sporadic: I do it when I can.

Regards,
Nina P.
____

Nina Panzica
Masterpiece Media
(404) 237-7889
Can't reach me at the above number? Try my pager: 404-596-7889
mailto:panin -at- mindspring -dot- com
http://www.mindspring.com/~panin/

Links to other Technical Writers:
http://www.mindspring.com/~panin/writers.htm