Re: Using document conventions from the MS Manual of Style

Subject: Re: Using document conventions from the MS Manual of Style
From: "Bergen, Jane" <janeb -at- ANSWERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 17:25:45 -0600

I don't know about "industry standard" but for software documentation,
especially for software that runs exclusively on MS products, it is
fairly common. I use it but I have freely changed a couple of minor
things. Overall, it's excellent for keeping you consistent and for
arguing with programmers.

I also use a couple of other style guides and a couple of computer
dictionaries, too, since the MS Manual of Style does cover all the
bases.

Jane Bergen
Jane Bergen, Technical Writer,
AnswerSoft, Inc. Richardson, TX