Re: The Writer's Kit

Subject: Re: The Writer's Kit
From: Michael Lewis <lewism -at- BRANDLE -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 12:12:52 +1100

Seems to me the whole issue of tool ownership and use is like saying
"I've only ever driven Ford cars -- does that disqualify me from
applying for a job as a driver of a Toyota?" Experienced tech
communicators should be (and in my experience generally are) able to
pick up the mechanical skills of individual products fairly easily. The
important questions are relating to the audience, understanding their
needs, and developing stuff they can use. I can do that on a typewriter,
with a drawing board for graphics, if I have to; so, I imagine, can most
subscribers to this list.
--
Michael Lewis
Brandle Pty Limited, Sydney, Australia