Re: Shading in Winhelp tables

Subject: Re: Shading in Winhelp tables
From: Lee Kimmelman <panda -at- WESTSOUND -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 20:42:10 -0800

>2. Is there any good way to insert a table with lines and shading (two
>features not supported by RoboHelp) into a RoboHelp document without an
>outside graphics program. If I cut and paste into Draw, the results are
>awful. Screen captures are also awful when saved in Draw and imported into
>RoboHelp.

Add an extra column to the table on the left. In the first cell for the row
you wish to highlight, place a bitmap (solid colored, if you wish) slightly
wider than and as high as the row you want the shading to appear in. Place
your data in the cells to the right of the first cell.

Then make the first column as narrow as possible and compile your help. The
bitmap in the first cell will "spill over" into the cells on the right.

You may need to experiment both with the image and the cell width and
spacing settings a bit to get the image and table to align right, but with
a little patience, you should be able to achieve the results you want. A
good way to start is to do a screen capture of the table and use that as
the baseline for creating your "background" bitmaps.

Best regards,

Lee Kimmelman