Re[2]: Reliability of shareware

Subject: Re[2]: Reliability of shareware
From: Virginia Day <Virginia_Day -at- DATACARD -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 10:54:14 -0600

I've never used Snag-It, but have used PaintShop Pro and HiJaak Pro.
HiJaak is easier to learn than PaintShop (PaintShop has program
documentation, not user documentation). Each time I talk with a
co-worker about PaintShop, each of us learns about a new way to use
it. When I used HiJaak, it took us a while to figure out how to
implement our solution, but it was easily transportable to any PC once
developed. They are equally stable in my experience.

I think the cost of HiJaak and PaintShop are similar--in the 50-70 US
dollar range.

Regarding Mr. Bradley's survey, my apologies to all for making
unnecessary comments.

Regards, Virginia

Subject: Re: Reliability of shareware
Author: Stephen Riley <SRILEY -at- BCT-SYSTEMS -dot- CO -dot- UK> at Internet
Date: 1/7/98 4:13 PM

Snag-It is highly recommandable, cheap to licence and has good
technical support. I wouldn't be without it for documenting Windows
products, whether online or paper.

PaintShop Pro seems to have become something of a standard
in the brave new webworld, so there's lots of backup expertise around.

Steve

[The Want / Require / Pretty Please thread -- I still think Require
is pompous when asking for help (but then if you saw my last
post, you could argue Need is even worse). I'm sure we've all
e-mailed stuff we've later re-read in a different light.]