Re: Billing Problems with Corporate Client

Subject: Re: Billing Problems with Corporate Client
From: SLSTAGGS <slstaggs -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 14:40:39 -0500

<<We just got a new contract from this "temp agency".
They want us to provide a ton of documentation, including
articles of incorporation, Fed Tax ID certification, their
questionnaire, and proof of a total of 4 million dollars of
liability insurance. (BTW, we work exclusively offsite and
currently have no employees.)>>

Strange. I've been in a similar situation, where the company (usually a huge
one) wants to hire me directly but can't put me on their list of "approved
vendors" for various reasons. So I work through the temp agency in name only.
My rate doesn't change, the temp agency has no control over me managerially,
and all I've ever had to do was register with the agency. However, when I do
this, I don't work under my company banner but as an individual contractor.
Technically, you're an employee of the temp agency in these situations...maybe
the answer lies in working for them as yourselves versus working for them as a
corporation...your "corporateness" could be frightening them into being weird.

Good Luck -

Susan