Telecommuting conversation, continued

Subject: Telecommuting conversation, continued
From: Joanne Vinton <jvinton -at- TELEPORT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 08:01:23 -0800

I read the posts about telecommuting in the archives (I'm new to this list).
According to those posts, the reason telecommuting isn't catching on is
because managers don't know enough about technology or are concerned about
control.

This seems strange to me because I'd expect most tech pubs managers to be
former writers, who would be very familiar with technology. So, is that not
true? Have most tech pubs managers come from disciplines other than tech
writing?

Joanne Vinton
jvinton -at- teleport -dot- com