Re: Proposals

Subject: Re: Proposals
From: Jason Willebeek-LeMair <jlemair -at- ITEXCHSRV2 -dot- PHX -dot- MCD -dot- MOT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 10:27:51 -0700

I used to be the sole proposal writer for a company. We did implement a
"push-button" approach, but limited it to create the initial, very, very
(veryveryvery) rough draft of the proposal.

From there, I tailored the proposal for the specific requirements of the
intended recipient (and yes, that process included all of the yelling,
screaming, threatening, and crying that makes proposal writing so much
fun).

Each business had unique requirements which demanded unique solutions.
So, while the push-button approach saved much time, compared to starting
from scratch, in the development of each proposal, I have to agree with
the majority opinion that it should by no means be used to create the
final result.

The key element to this system is to make sure the proposal is tailored
to the recipient.

Jason

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Jason T. Willebeek-LeMair