Re: telecommuting

Subject: Re: telecommuting
From: David Dvorkin <dvorkin -at- BOLIX -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 11:44:27 -0700

ceasley -at- is -dot- com wrote:
>I've found (on the few occasions I've been "allowed" to telecommute)
>that I can get more done in 2 hours at home than I would in 8 hours at
>the office (because of no interruptions). What a concept!! I'm willing
>to bet that this is the norm, not the exception. Now if only managers
>and human resource people would figure this out...

Well, the 4:1 ratio seems a bit high for most people!

But I think you're right that the norm is to get more done working at home.
The studies I've seen had improvements in the 20% range, I think; I can't
remember the number for sure.

David Dvorkin
Qualix Group, Inc., Boulder Development Center
2955 Valmont Rd., Ste. 310 * Boulder, Colorado 80301
mailto:dvorkin -at- qualix -dot- com * 303-247-1439