Re: Bribing Corporate Clients; was Billing Problems...

Subject: Re: Bribing Corporate Clients; was Billing Problems...
From: Carma C Allen <ccallen -at- BECKMAN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 16:43:11 -0800

Tom writes:
----------8<
> The CEO clearly stated that the corporation's employees should not do
anything that could be construed as favortism or accepting bribes. As
punishment, employees could be dismissed for accepting fishing trips,
dinners, tickets to sporting events or any other "gratuity." Employees were
to inform any vendor that "offered" such benefits that these benefits were
unacceptable and further approaches could result in a cessation of business
with the vendor.

> How well they enforce that, I'm not sure. But it makes a lot of sense for
a company to implement a policy like that.

Sounds extremely ethical. I hate to be cynical (well, no I don't, I
actually thrive on it), but everyone who thinks that this same CEO is
lending the company jet, ski lodge, golf condo, etc., to their friendly
neighborhood Congressperson, raise your hand.

Carma
ccallen -at- beckman -dot- com